Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Top 10 Reasons the Summer Needs to Be Over

10. I'm swearing too easily. Something that, the rest of the year, I hardly do at all.

9. Nothing sounds better than sleep.

8. I've already gained my allotted annual summer 10 pounds.

7. I'm desperate to read a book - any book - not about opera.

6. Emotions are at the surface. I cry with little provocation.

5. I went into the mall (something I don't do well) to buy a present, and I had an uncontrollable urge to buy many things I don't need.

4. My flowers are all withering for lack of water and attention.

3. I can't stand the sight of my summer clothes.

2. I love my job, but I'm having fantasies of landing some academic gig somewhere that would let me go to the beach occasionally.

1. "You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough." (William Blake). Enough already.

Actually...

All of this notwithstanding, Flute is going extremely well. Opera is magical out here, especially when the weather cooperates like this. Gorgeous.

No comments: